Stamicarbon BV, based in Sittard, The Netherlands is the leading company in design, licensing and development of urea plants for the fertilizer industry, we apply our expertise, knowledge and experience for many solutions; fertilizer production technologies, emission reduction technologies and all technologies for the integration of urea and adjacent processes. To optimize our fertilizer plants into the future, we are developing a suite of digital services.
The Software Development department is part of the Business Line Innovation of Stamicarbon. The department is responsible for the development of STAMI Digital Products and Services for high-fidelity Operator Training Simulator (OTS) and Process Simulators. Mainly for the process industry including, the oil and gas, petrochemical, energy and specialty chemicals sector, and in particular for all Stamicarbon licensed and herewith related Syngas technologies as well as for Maire Tecnimont Group technologies and projects. The department works closely together with the (Digital) Projects department.
Currently we have a vacancy for the position of
Software Developer (Back-End)
You will be working in an enthusiastic team of around 8 developers. Due to the size of the team each developer has a lot of responsibility for the entire development cycle (requirements, design, development, testing & deployment). There is also a specialist in the team that takes care of (most of) the DevOps tasks.
The key activities are:
- The realization of the back-end for greenfield Industrial IoT solutions
- Migrating existing Java back-end components to C#
- Redesigning and migrating desktop software for training simulations into a cloud-first solution
Our team works from the office at least 1 day a week, and the rest of the week you can work from home, if the job at hand allows it. We also organize a monthly BBQ or diner, so we keep the good vibe in our team.
- Bachelor or Master degree computer science or equivalent with at least 5 years’ of experience
- Good command of the English language
- Affinity with Industrial IoT and Simulation
- Highly skilled at C# / ASP.NET (back-end) development
- Experience with Java (back-end) development is a plus
- Experience or affinity with C++ is a plus
- Possession of AZ-204 certification (Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure) is a plus
- Experience with DevOps is a plus
Likes to work as a member of a project team, but can also work independently
- Ability to maintain overview
- Proactive attitude, drive to learn and improve skills
- Strong quality awareness, drive to continuously improving products
- Sensitive for colleagues in the work environment
- Good communication skills
- Quick and eager learner
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact Mss. Natascha Brouns Recruiter Stamicarbon, Tel.: 0031-(0)6 38675384.
Are you interested in this international oriented career opportunity; please apply only via our website. www.stamicarbon.com/vacancies