Business Development Manager Digital Products and Services (BDM-DPS)
At Stamicarbon, the nitrogen technology licensor of MAIRE Group, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions.
From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
Launch is organized within the Business Line Launch, within the Stamicarbon Organization. The department executes the core business of selling licenses and related products and services for the use of Stamicarbon Technology worldwide. The commercial offering is divided into the proposing and selling of licenses, proprietary equipment and services to both the “grass root” customer (LAUNCH) and the customer with existing facilities (EVOLVE and ADVANCE) as well as activities in the non-Fertilizer business.
The Business Development Manager Digital Products and Services (BDM-DPS) at Stamicarbon will focus on tools to complement the sales and license of our new and existing plant technologies, working in support of and cooperation with Licensing / Sales Managers. You are a member of the Launch Sales Team. You will have a coordination and prospects reporting role across Launch, Evolve and Advance departments. As well as a Stamicarbon-wide portfolio monitoring and reporting responsibility. You will work in a matrix-fashion with both the Software and Digital Projects parts of Stami Digital, as well as all Sales Managers / Licensing Managers across the company to ensure good sales processes, standardization, training and support.
The BD Manager supports the overall process by facilitating uniform, efficient proposals and other key elements of the proposal process, such as internal mandates, purchase orders, product management, document management, contract and contract assessment development and completion.
As our next BDM-DPS you:
- Generate new business for the Digitalization activities through management of selected product, application, segment and/or market development activities;
- Align and standardize the Stamicarbon’ proposal process and product definition on behalf of the commercial responsible in response to commercial requests for proposals (RFPs, RFIs etc.)
- Recognize and proactively explore digitalization opportunities with a clear strategic vision of business advantage;
- Have the courage to step outside your comfort zone and take calculated risks needed to explore new markets and realize new digital products for these markets;
- Know the customer and their current needs and anticipates future needs;
- Take ownership of the Digital Business and proactively interacts with the Software Department and the (Digital) Projects department, digital project teams and other (sales) disciplines within Stamicarbon to make things happen and meet (internal and external) customer needs and expectations;
- Involve stakeholders in shaping plans and decisions that aﬀect Stamicarbon’s (and even Maire-Tecnimont Group’s) strategic goals;
- Empower the Manager (Digital) Projects, the Manager Software and all Sales Professionals by sharing his/her knowledge and experience;
- Support eﬀorts of the Software department and Digital Project department to build a strong and caring community across Stamicarbon;
- Manage simultaneous projects with competing demands;
- Interact with different type of stakeholders internally as well as externally;
- Facilitate multiple sales teams, standardize and improve sales processes;
- Determine the priority of prospects/projects and digitalization software developments.
Your key responsibilities:
- Identify business opportunities in existing or new markets and develop the concepts to sell into these markets against maximum value;
- Facilitate efficient and standard Internal Mandate submission on behalf of Licensing and Sales Managers. Standardize the IM format for efficient approval and documentation;
- Support the preparation of the commercial offer by coordinating assigned commercial proposals and align with the (Digital) Technology departments on preparation of pertaining technical proposals;
- Master our in-house knowledge regarding plant design and operations as well as existing digital tools to develop client and plant-specific value propositions;
- Standardize products/services offering, including product and service description, pricing metrics and sales support documentation;
- Develop marketing tools for new customers and markets, defines the possibilities on the long term and on new market prospects;
- Define projects for implementation of the business plans within set targets; penetration of new to develop markets and advises management on market developments (preferred options);
- Coordinate with other departments in Stamicarbon to develop digital strategies, products and services and new ways of servicing our markets with data-driven solutions;
- Maintain (or support) an active portfolio of feasibility studies and manages the risk/reward ratio of development efforts;
- Give support as needed to the Licensing and Sales Manager in negotiation and communication processes with external parties (customer, contractor, licensor, vendors);
- Manage the product introduction process from a marketing point of view; Manages the transfer of new business to the "running" business organization;
- Build and maintains a network of internal and external contacts/sources and prospects; Proposes and manages the business development budget;
- Accountable for the project activities of the Projects department and the software development activities of the Software development department.
As our next BDM-DPS you’ll have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or in business field or technical/ technological background;
- Broad view on industry home market and adjacent markets, in-depth know-how about Stamicarbon products and/or applications, acquisition processes, licensing processes and “Prospect to Order” processes;
- > 10 years’ experience in (Urea) business (commercial, marketing and sales) and in doing business in other countries and parts of the world;
- Experience in new digitalization business projects and innovation pipeline management. IOT, Industrial optimization and automation.
- Affinity with Agrobusiness, production, trade and application of fertilizer;
- Affinity with customer services, digitalization business and licensing business models;
- Knowledge of the international contractor world;
- Financial, economic and legal knowledge (acquired through practical experience);
- A good command of modern languages. Fluent English, Strong, clear communicator;
- Entrepreneurship, Perspicacity & Mind openness, Persistence and dedication, Trust & Motivation, Valuing people and Team working values.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via email@example.com.