The Procurement department is organized within the Stamicarbon organization, the Licensing and IP center for the Maire Tecnimont Group. Stamicarbon steers the innovation within the group through Maire Tecnimont Innovation Center (MTIC). It is the world market leader in urea technologies and licenses. The department works closely together with key stakeholders, both inside Stamicarbon (e.g. Licensing Sales & Services department, Legal, project management and technology), and outside the company with vendors and Maire Tecnimont Group.
We are looking for a Buyer - Expediter Spare parts
The buyer – expediter spare parts provides procurement expertise in the of spare parts. In alignment with sales, you select the supplier where the spare parts can be sourced with the lowest Total Cost of Ownership and ensures that they are delivered in accordance with the set contractual terms. You will document the results of the purchasing process(es) by means of preparing a recommendation to purchase and a commercial evaluation, seek timely internal approval(s), negotiate and prepare Purchase Order(s) and receive acceptance letter(s) from suppliers as well as handle progress reports and collect delivery documentation during the post order phase until the spare parts are delivered and invoiced. Information on prices for all the handled spare parts is maintained by jou in a dedicated spare parts price list.
- Liaising with request originators (spare parts sales personnel) in order to handle their sales requirements and support them with supplier’s offers;
- Checking that the requests clearly identify the scope of supply by means of a unique supplier spare parts identification number or by available drawings;
- Making sure that in case of specific inspection requirements these are clearly indicated in the requests and later in the process in Purchase Order’s documents
- Running the procurement process, including bids receipt, supplier selection and negotiation and create a PO or Contract
- Administrating the Purchase Order / Contracts workflow (including SAP processing and receiving acceptance letters from suppliers)
- Reporting on aggregated data (including those extracted from SAP)
- Flawless operation of the Purchase-to-Pay process and it’s continuous improvement along the company‘s standard processes
- Ensure application of end-to-end (Total Cost of Ownership) view in all procurement decisions
- Post order follow-up by ensuring that spare parts are delivered timely and in accordance with the agreed technical and commercial Purchase Order terms and conditions, by monitoring the periodical status updates received from vendors and acting as a focal point in collecting supply related documentation (material certificates, drawings, test notifications, delivery documents)
- Reporting to the sales/project manager and logistics for supply progress status and the final delivery of spare parts
- Liaising with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier
- Process the Purchase Requisitions received by the Request Originators in SAP in a structured and timely manner (budget, booking number, material group, PR type, approvals etc);
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of the “request” process (i.e. automatize through IT);
- Amend and update relevant procurement reporting.
- You have at least a Bachelor degree in technical or business administration.
- You have 2 years experience in the position of buyer preferably in engineering or technical environment and you are ready for your second career step;
- Strong negotiation and communication skills. You are fluent in English and enjoy working in a dynamic international environment. Dutch is a plus;
- Preferred (prior) knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge on the purchase to pay process;
- Able to promote change initiatives, and adapt to them;
- Able to balance competing priorities, create focus and drive projects to completion;
- Good organizational skills and you are analytic;
- Strong entrepreneurial thinking;
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards. Please only apply via our website.