At Stamicarbon, the nitrogen technology licensor of MAIRE Group, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions.
From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
The Contract Management Department is organized within the Stamicarbon organization, the Licensing and IP center for the Maire Tecnimont Group. The Contract Manager will work in an international environment. You’ll work with professionals in diverse disciplines and you have to liaise strongly with the Company Contract Management HoD and the Maire Group Contract Management Coordination HoD Department, to make sure accurate information on the status of the Projects in execution can be timely provided correct and in given standards. The role also implies frequent interactions across Stamicarbon Departments and with the head office (MAIRE).
The Contract Manager is responsible for assisting the Project Manager during the execution of projects concerning licensing and selling of proprietary equipment of any size/complexity, in full compliance with the contractual requirements following Group and Company procedures and work processes.
As a Contract Manager you:
• Often engages in specific tasks involving the overall organization and/or requiring a high capability to focus the issue and develop the appropriate route of analysis;
• Are able to differentiate rights in contractual context from what's relevant in a wider business context and balance one against another;
• Work in a team and also often supports/co-ordinate team members in specific tasks;
• Interact with other Company’s Departments and with Parent Company are frequent and necessary to successfully complete the tasks;
• Have good social and communication skills required to smoothly and easily handle social interactions during the execution of tasks and engagements;
Your key areas of responsibility are to:
• To have full knowledge of the contract documents and transfer contractual documents and information to the Project Team as appropriate (for example, through dedicated contract-induction sessions);
• Assist the PM and the other members of the Project Team in handling the contractually relevant matters;
• Assist PM in drafting the correspondence concerning contractual matters;
• Keep record of the cases when client and partners do not fulfil their contractual obligations, assess the consequences thereof in relation to cost and time with the support of the Project Control Coordinator and inform the PM in order to duly notify the involved party;
• Assist PM in identifying and prepare the change order requests and the claims with the support of the Project Control Coordinator, the other members of the Project Team and, if required, the Change Order/Claim Specialist, and timely issue such requests to the Client along with the required documentation;
• Participate in the negotiation of the change orders and claims;
• Assist PM in keeping record of the status of change orders and claims;
• Assist the PM in identifying, with the support of the members of the Project Team, the delays and disruptions attributable to Client’s or partners’ responsibilities or to other reasons, such as “force majeure” and inform the PM in order to duly notify the same;
• Inform promptly Legal & Corporate Affairs when disputes with Clients and partners are likely to result in litigation proceedings;
• Support Legal & Corporate Affairs in the management of litigation proceeding;
• Support the Project Control Coordinator in the management of the invoices issued to the Clients and/or Partners; • Provide periodically the Status of the Projects and Project information to the Maire Group Contract Management Coordination HoD, Licensing VP;
• Share Projects information and advice must be accurate and timely provided to the Project Managers, the Company Contract Management HoD and other relevant parties inside and outside Stamicarbon.
You have at least more than five years’ experience in the Contract Management and/or Legal Department of a Engineering Company or Oil & Gas, Fertilizers, Energy Transition sector and/or in a Law/Consulting firm working in such practice. You also have relevant experience within an international business environment. As a person you’ll have a proactive attitude, are result driven and are a real team player.
As a potential new colleague you’ll have:
• University degree preferably in Law, or in Engineering, Economic & Finance with demonstrated professional proficiency in contractual and legal matters;
• High level of conceptual and analytical skills with a strong problem solving orientation by interacting from different perspectives, with flexibility and dynamic approach;
• Accurate, flexible and reliable, with a clear and constant focus on process improvement;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Good planning and organizing skills;
• Good engagement and management skills;
• Fluent in English (written, spoken);
• Knowledge of MS Office tools.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards. Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.