The Inspections & Materials Engineering Department is organized within the Business line Advance. This department is working in a project or plant environment being responsible for applying the mechanical knowledge and experience in all relevant steps of the UREA Licensing process and after Sales Services.
To strengthen the department we are looking for a Design & Manufacturing Specialist.
The Design & Manufacturing Specialist is the specialist in delivering technical support with respect to materials selection of pressure bearing parts for the construction of high pressure urea equipment. And has the knowledge of design codes for manufacturing pressure vessels such as ASME, DIN, AD-2000, EN and in-depth understanding of welding technology.
- Act as trouble shooter on-site in Equipment manufacturers shops and in urea plants worldwide;
- Prepare, coordinate and/or execute technical on-site relining or modification projects;
- Deliver Sales Support in technical issues;
- Support and align with inspectors on quality control of High Pressure equipment (if needed execute inspections and coordinate the activities);
- Support and align with Project teams and High Pressure design engineers on materials & corrosion techniques (e.g. welding processes) and manufacturing techniques;
- Develop, maintain and record the knowledge on pressure bearing parts in HP Equipment regarding Materials, Design and Manufacturing techniques.
- Give training (internally as well as externally to our customers) and presentations at external symposia within the domain of pressure vessel design according codes and Stamicarbon standards and pressure bearing materials selection and manufacturing techniques;
- Support manufacturers in manufacturing techniques and methods to build HP Equipment for UREA plants.
- To act as the material specialist/consultant with respect to pressure bearing parts for internal and external clients.
- Support and initiate innovation projects with respect to Design and Manufacturing techniques.
- Advise clients, contractors, fabricators on materials selection issues with respect to carbon steels and other pressure bearing materials.
- Trouble shooting.
You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical- or Metal Engineering with knowledge of equipment and applications in chemical plants, and at least 10 years of experience withing the petro-chemical or oil&gas industry and experience in working in manufacturing of HP equipment;
Next to that you are demonstrably known with working in project based environment and you have broad experience in international engineering contractors business and operational factory experience.
Also a strong affiliation with quality control during fabrication of process equipment and/or in-service inspections;
In-depth knowledge of design according applicable codes and manufacturing of High pressure process equipment;
manufacturing techniques (welding etc.) and sequence of building HP Equipment, knowledge of related fields, knowledge flowsheeting, software programming and the use of tools, knowledge of ESA/HAZOP studies and the Cactus method, Basic Safety Course;
And you have good command of written and spoken English.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via email@example.com.