The Digital Projects Department is part of the Business Line Innovation of Stamicarbon. The department is responsible for developing dedicated high-fidelity Operator Training Simulator (OTS) for the Process Industry including, amongst others, the oil and gas, petrochemical, energy, and specialty chemicals sector.
We are looking for a Digital Process Engineer
As Digital Process Engineer you apply basic and advanced chemical engineering knowledge into creating innovative solutions for customer-given assignments.
In this role you first need to understand the complex control system settings and the physical and chemical components of the process to be simulated. This involves analyzing the customer’s requirements and cooperating with other engineering areas of the company to effectively replicate the process in our simulation environment.
Our high-fidelity Operator Training Simulators (OTS) are fully built in Stamicarbon’s comprehensive suit for simulation, modeling, and engineering. In this role, you will become fluent in our in-house developed software and will use this knowledge to participate in all engineering activities involved in the creation of OTS’s, i.e. replicating all logics and control strategies used in a chemical plant, reproducing actual DCS graphics and creating first principle models that accurately represent the actual behavior of the plant. Thus, in addition to being technically skilled, you should also be creative and have high attention to detail.
- Verify relevant customer data for completeness and consistency;
- Develop first principle simulation models that accurately represent the behavior of process units;
- Test the dynamic simulation models developed/supplied;
- Supply of creative solutions to correctly represent real process scenarios and non-conventional process characteristics;
- Create, update and maintain Model Engineering Documentation, General Specifications and Standards;
- Implement narratives for process control and emergency systems according to relevant information received from the customer;
- Develop graphic interfaces for the Operator Training Simulators;
- Test control and system configurations;
- Perform detailed tests before the start of the FAT (factory acceptance test) and SAT (site acceptance test);
- Realize the defined activities within the approved budget;
- Work on parallel different phased projects. Team member of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Planning of its own activities in consultation with customers, Lead Engineer, Project Manager, and team members;
- Maintain, expand, and transfer specific expertise and knowledge of basic modeling methodologies, modeling tools, (internal) modeling standards, control technologies (DCS, PLC), system integration and/or (internal) configuration standards.
You have at least a Higher vocational / Academic level in Chemical Engineering with knowledge of process control technology, equipment, and applications in chemical plants. Next to that, you have a strong background in mathematical modeling, basic control (advanced control is a plus), system configuration (DCS, PLC) and technical visual language;
You are used to read and understand Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Heat and Material Balances (H&MB), and are able to use complex simulation packages.
Advanced knowledge of MS office and basic programming knowledge are needed to fill in this job successfully. As potential new colleague you have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You are result oriented, a fast learner and you are used to working with deadlines. You demonstrate a true team spirit, can connect effectively with colleagues and customers and you are driven to share your knowledge. Therefore, good communication skills and a good command of English are necessary (additional languages are a plus).
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment.