At Stamicarbon, the innovation and license company of Maire Tecnimont Group, we develop, design and license futureproof fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our clients customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants at every stage of their life cycle. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions.
From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of The Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
Stamicarbon has high involvement and a collegiate atmosphere, respect for different cultures, a service attitude, technological and innovation-driven, dynamic working conditions, flexibility regarding customers, partners and employees, high safety awareness and a People, Planet and Profit way of thinking.
Our Sales Advance department is responsible for life cycle services; delivering services towards our clients to improve their plant operations and high quality equipment with highest performance all based on Urea Technology all over the world. In order to catch up with the expanding business and further strengthen the department we are recruiting for a:
Head of Sales Advance
The Head of Sales Advance is organized within the Stamicarbon Business Line Services. The department executes the core business of selling services for the use of Stamicarbon Technology worldwide, but also competitor urea plants. Advance sales is a fast growing sales department with a number of area sales managers, with the main focus on coaching, training and sales business development.
The Head of Sales is responsible to:
- Formulate, implement and execute business and sales plans for products and services, selling proprietary equipment and services to the customer plants, in line with the strategy of the Business Line; Commercialize Urea projects based on the agreed upon plans; therefore develop the “ADVANCE’ product portfolio related to the "Full Life Cycle Support" philosophy of Stamicarbon to capitalize customer wishes and support the BL Advance growth plans;
- Manage the customer portfolio and assign customer accounts to the Sales & Solution Managers, and others within the matrix of the sales organization;
- Organize the necessary resources and lead a multidisciplinary team of internal and external stakeholders towards realization of Sales;
- Proactively drive a professional strong and passionate sales team to achieve growth and profitability for Stamicarbon and customer satisfaction;
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the “ADVANCE” team and evaluate & develop the skills of the employees;
- Provide management with regular status updates and reviews;
- Build partnering relationships with prospects, agents, and contractors, suppliers, service providers and other stakeholders and report on engagements with them;
- Oversee and participate in visits to congresses and relations and develop new;
- Ensure an environment of trust in which people feel free to speak up, feel heard and come up with ideas and suggestions;
- Ensure a safe work environment by following Stamicarbon health and safety guidelines and act in such way to learn from incidents;
- Report on sales prospects and awards in Stamicarbon sales report. Support product management with resources and sales and customer input for product plans
- Manage spares sales and delivery;
- Negotiate in a multicultural, international environment in which multiple parties are involved (contractor, clients, and other service providers);
- Lead complex processes in a multidisciplinary setting with a high degree of interdependence;
- Good knowledge of the urea process, after sales processes, materials, welding, corrosion and inspection techniques required;
- Manage a wide variety of products and services and launching several new products/ services yearly with first movers
- Support sales team in executing the above
- Determine (local) pricing strategy and customer segmentation in executing for higher margins and turnover.
- Ensure account and area management in a multicultural, international environment
- Make client’s and Stamicarbon’s interests meet.
- Consultative selling and sales excellence coaching a young and fast grown international sales team in upselling and cross selling.
You combine at least a Bachelor/Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Process (Control) Engineering and several years of experience working in a similar technical sales environment added with in-depth mechanical knowledge. Strong affinity with the urea process and inspection techniques on materials, welding, and corrosion is absolutely required for adding the right value.
As a people manager of the Sales department (>15 people) it is crucial to have very good people management skills. You are a motivational leader with high level of professionalism, integrity and interpersonal and people skills. Actual experience as a Line Manager is a must. You have the capability to manage and develop your team and create an inspiring and inclusive work environment.
For you it is the ultimate goal to make clients and Stamicarbon’s interests meet. Doing international business is something you feel comfortable with.
You are familiar with ‘’Prospect to Order” and Order to Cash processes in general and for services and proprietary equipment in particular. And you must have the capability to manage and develop an after services and solutions operations and manage your own team.
As potential new colleague you are a strong communicator and influencer liaising with the different stakeholders and have the technical and commercial drive to make us best in class. Strong knowledge of the international contractor and suppliers world and the ability to be creative at new technical solutions are important assets to this challenging role. You recognize yourself in the characteristics: keen entrepreneurship, accurate, manager, flexible with strong focus on service for our customers, able to work with deadlines on results and team spirit. You take decisions and dare to challenge the status quo. You are fluent in English both spoken and written and enjoy frequent travelling abroad.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in this international career opportunity?
For more information please contact: