At Stamicarbon, the nitrogen technology licensor of MAIRE Group, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions.
From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
For our Product Development Management Department we are looking for an Innovation Control Engineer as a part time position of 0.5 FTE.
You are independent and self-propelling strong communicator liaising with the different stakeholders in Innovation, Finance and Operations and have the drive to make us the best in class. The position holder works in an international environment, highly demanding and challenging, with main focus on Incremental Innovation and has to also liaise strongly with both our different sections of Innovation, Finance and Operations to make sure accurate project information can be timely provided both internally and externally.
As a Innovation Control Engineer you:
• Report monthly the performance of the IPL programs & projects to the Incremental Innovation Committee (IIC);
• Interact frequently across Stamicarbon Departments;
• Address independently all question related to audits requiring input from the Incremental Innovation;
• Work closely with the Product Development Manager on Incremental Innovation via the IPL (Innovation Pipe Line) process, often with the Product Portfolio Manager and occasionally with the head of other Innovation branches (SR&D and Digital) and Marketing;
• Are accurate, well organized and able to work with deadlines with strong focus on results and team spirit;
• Are a specialist in the rules of WBSO given by the RVO and Innovation Box Ruling;
• Deep dive into the content of innovation projects. For that you will be provided with internal technical training;
• Understand in-house technology in a sufficient level to independently create a solid documentation including summary of our innovation projects towards the RVO and become the sole contact point;
• Support in the application for European R&D projects by taking ownership in the definition of its content: scope, timeline, financials, staffing, etc.;
• Support the Product Development Manager general activities of Program Management of Incremental Innovation.
In the position of Innovation Control Engineer you are responsible for:
• Keeping stakeholders informed by monthly reporting based on monitoring the performance of research projects and programs in direct report to the Product Development Manager (PDM) and on demand;
• Alignment to an alternative R&D responsible from either SR&D and / or Digital;
• Keeping the IPL projects status up to date through the different stages using different means such Kanban Boards, etc.;
• Keeping the Incremental Innovation initiatives and project documentation up to date using company tools (such us Accolade, SharePoint, etc.);
• The WBSO applications and its associated work, like contractual matters; This is currently achieved with the support of an external party but your role may evolve to take full ownership of this task;
• Addressing audits related to Innovation;
• Monitoring the performance of Incremental Innovation projects and programs in alignment with the Product Development Manager for and occasionally, an alternative R&D responsible.
As our potential next Innovation Control Engineer you’ll have:
• Preferably 3 years’ experience as engineer and ideally experience / affinity with Innovation Management;
• Minimum bachelor degree in Engineering (HBO) or a MBO with enough professional experience;
• Interest and knowledge of the basics of chemical, process, mechanical and control engineering, with a strong willingness to learn the specifics of Fertilizers production (Urea, Ammonium Nitrate, Nitric Acid and Green Ammonia);
• Experience with financial reports and management presentations or at least affinity with financial reports/numbers;
• Ideally IT affinity/background (because of our growing digitalization business);
• Solid MS-Office Knowledge (Excel, Power Point & PowerBi);
• Preferable SharePoint and Accolade basic knowledge;
• Preferably SAP knowledge;
• Languages knowledge: Fluent in English. Dutch proficiency is a plus (mostly related to WBSO application).
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org