Our Procurement Department is aimed at enhancing the quality of the Stamicarbon business through innovative growth of the portfolio, building upon our leading position in providing high quality products and services, and continued implementation of operational excellence.
In order to catch up with the expanding business and further strengthen the Department we are recruiting for a:
Key Supplier Manager
Stamicarbon’s procurement department is currently expanding its scope to post-order management. A key part of new accountabilities will be making sure that the selected suppliers represent the lowest Total Cost of Ownership for Stamicarbon, for which it is essential that Supplies are delivered in quality and that delivery dates are met.
As a Key Supplier Manager, you are a senior professional of Stamicarbon which is responsible to ensure the on-time delivery of critical equipment supplies, by following the expediting methodology in Stamicarbon and the policies and best practices from the Maire Tecnimont Group.
You act as the extended arm of Stamicarbon to manage on 360 degrees the execution of projects at suppliers.
You report hierarchically to the Head of Procurement Department, and on a project basis to assigned project managers. You deal in authonomy with all supplier’s execution related activities and keep the Project Manager informed to allow him/her to manage the client’s requirements and expectations.
You are supervised by a senior colleague within the department and follow the established procedures, instructions and standards.
Furthermore, your key areas of responsibility are:
- Receive hand over of supply contract from buyers
- Organize and attend kick off meetings
- Ensure technical documents are exchanged and reviewed according to pre-established approval cycles and control their progress.
- Receive from the followed suppliers a progress report in line with the established format for each main piece of equipment, assign relative weights to each production phase and monitor the production process with suppliers.
- In case of any delay, ask supplier to produce a recovery plan, analyze it and if approved follow it up
- Monitor and expedite (if needed) the progress of internal Stamicarbon’s activities (i.e. review of drawing or documents issued by suppliers, make sure that Stamicarbon inspectors are available at suppliers as per applicable agreements); escalate to operations manager if the responsible resources do not deliver on time
- Inform Stamicarbon’s management if any contractual action needs to be taken towards the supplier, draft letters
- Enters the goods receipt in the system, and authorizes supplier to invoice when Stamicarbon is paid
- Propose the application of liquidated damages in case of delayed delivery. Keep a constant contact with the relevant project managers
You combine at least a Bachelor Degree (preferably Technical) with extensive years of experience in the manufacturing process (preferably of high pressure vessels or valves). It is a plus to have previous experience as a field expeditor or inspector.
You are able to read contracts, and understand the main contractual terms. You have good communication abilities that range from drafting accurate minute of meetings to communicating to all levels within the suppliers organizations.
You have strong Project Management skills. You are fluent in English both spoken and written.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact Miss Natascha Brouns, Recruiter Stamicarbon, Tel.: 0031-(0)6 38675384.