Our Business Line Evolve enables Urea producers to revamp existing plants by developing and designing reliable and profitable urea plants and offering a range of safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly revamp schemes, including proprietary high pressure (HP) equipment. In order to catch up with the expanding business and further strengthen the Evolve department we are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer.
As a mechanical engineer at Business Line Evolve you apply mechanical knowledge and deliver services during the design, construction and commissioning of
new urea and/or nitric acid plants as well as during the design and manufacturing of proprietary HP equipment. You also help optimizing and/or improving the mechanical performance and reliability of existing plants.
Your key areas of responsibility are to:
- Preparation of all mechanical engineering deliverables with respect to Process Design Packages (PDP) for Evolve studies and projects in urea and/or nitric acid fertilizer plants;
- Preparation of specifications and material requisitions for the supply of proprietary equipment and HP piping systems based on customer ITB requirements and Stamicarbon internal standards;
- Technical evaluation and alignment of manufacturer bids for the supply of proprietary equipment;
- Check engineering contractor piping deliverables and certify vendor piping drawings and calculations for compliance with project specifications;
- Preparation and participation in pre-award meetings, kick-off meetings, pre-inspection meetings and inspections for supply of proprietary equipment and HP piping systems;
- Preparation and participation in kick-off meetings, review meetings, (internal) design meetings and Design Hazard Studies with respect to Licensing Projects;
- Support EPC contractor and equipment manufacturer, by applying knowledge of design codes for high pressure equipment, such as ASME or AD-Merkblätter;
- Ensuring the supply of deliverables and services are in accordance with the defined scope of work and delivery schedule in the contract;
- Ensure that equipment manufacturers are delivering in accordance with the defined quality level;
- Provide creative solutions in mechanical and equipment design, update Mechanical Engineering Design Manuals, General Specifications and standard equipment data sheets;
- Improve existing work practices, processes, procedures and instructions.
- Support continuous improvement by evaluating realized projects and contributing to manufacturer improvement and qualification programs.
- Work on parallel different phased projects as a team member of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Planning of your own activities in consultation with customers, Sales Manager, Project Manager and team members;
- Bachelor level with at least 10 years of experience in mechanical engineering in projects and operational factory experience;
- You are a communicative, result oriented team player with a high standard for quality.
- Broad experience in international engineering business with core knowledge in design and manufacturing of pressure vessels and piping systems.
- Knowledge of materials (Carbon steels and stainless steels)
- Knowledge of international codes and standards,
- Knowledge of mechanical calculation tools e.g. PV Elite or DIMy, Caesar;
- Knowledge of related fields e.g. PFD’s, P&IDs, isometrics, software programming;
- Knowledge of mechanical drafting tools e.g. AutoCAD, Inventor, Plant3D;
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon's Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact Ms. Natascha Brouns, Recruiter Stamicarbon, Tel.: +31 6 3867 5384