Our Mechanical department of the Technology Urea Group is responsible for Stamicarbon’s Mechanical Engineering, Inspection Engineering and AutoCAD activities. In order to catch up with the expanding business and further strengthen the department we are recruiting for a:
Mechanical Inspection Engineer
In this role you are the key team player to ensure reliable high pressure (HP) equipment in urea manufacturing plants by executing inspections during the construction phase and in-service life of critical HP urea equipment. Providing advice on repair, modifications and residual life time of critical HP Urea equipment is part of this exciting position.
When you, as our new inspiring colleague, recognize yourself in the following key responsibilities then please apply:
- Execute Quality Control/Quality Assurance inspections during the manufacturing of critical high pressure urea equipment at manufacturers workshops worldwide
- Execute corrosion inspections of critical HP equipment during turnarounds of urea plants worldwide;
- Monitor and evaluate NDE investigations as carried out by external parties and/or equipment suppliers;
- Recognize sales-leads;
- Follow-up on proposals for repairs and additional work;
- Follow-up on contract agreements;
- Report findings and advice on inspection intervals and repair methods;
- Support and manage modifications to mechanical process equipment;
- Review manufacturing methods and associated design documentation;
- Provide feedback within the mechanical engineering department on equipment design and manufacturing techniques;
- Perform and chair briefing and debriefing meeting, concerning plant inspections.
You combine at least a Bachelor/Degree in Mechanical Engineering with relevant years of experience in the field of equipment inspections (QA/QC) and or corrosion inspections of process equipment in (petro)-chemical industry.
As potential new colleague you have to have in-depth knowledge of materials and corrosion engineering, welding and fabrication technologies working in a dynamic environment. You recognize yourself in the characteristics: accurate, flexible with strong focus on service, able to work with deadlines with strong focus on results and team spirit. You have good reporting skills, you are convincing, persuasive and can communicate with clients on all levels. You are fluent in English both spoken and written and enjoy frequently travelling abroad.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact Natascha Brouns: 00316-38675384