At Stamicarbon, the nitrogen technology licensor of MAIRE Group, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions.
From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
The Inspections &Materials Engineering Department is organized within the Business line Advance. This department is working in a project or plant environment being responsible for applying the mechanical knowledge and experience in all relevant steps of the UREA Licensing process and after Sales Services.
We are looking for an Pressure Equipment Design & Manufacturing Specialist.
As a Pressure Equipment Design & Manufacturing Specialist you:
• Act as the material specialist/consultant with respect to pressure bearing parts for internal and external clients;
• Support and initiate innovation projects with respect to Design and Manufacturing techniques;
• Advise clients, contractors, fabricators on materials selection issues with respect to carbon steels and other pressure bearing materials;
• Trouble shoot;
• Have knowledge on materials and manufacturing techniques on HP equipment for urea plants;
• Are creative in providing practical solutions to problems at manufactures fabricating critical HP urea equipment and plant owners in order to extend the lifetime and safe operations or urea plants;
• Leverage on a deep knowledge on the design codes for the manufacturing of the Pressure Vessels (such as ASME, DIN, AD-2000, EN), on the welding technology and on the material selection for the pressure bearing parts of the high-pressure Urea equipment;
• Act as a technical support both for the internal design specialists/inspectors and for the equipment manufacturers;
• Ensure the accuracy/quality of the manufacturing process;
• Solve any potential production issues for the equipment commercialized by the Company.
Your key areas of responsibility are to:
• Having in mind the design specifications and the design codes for manufacturing, support the Equipment manufacturers at their shops and in urea plants in solving problems related to specific parts of the manufacturing process, such as welding;
• Prepare, coordinate and/or execute technical on-site relining or modification projects;
• Support the relevant Sales Function for any technical issues of competence;
• Support and align with inspectors on quality control of High-Pressure equipment (if needed execute inspections and coordinate the activities);
• Support and align with the Project teams and with the engineers who design the High-Pressure equipment on materials & corrosion techniques (e.g. welding processes) and manufacturing techniques;
• Develop, maintain and record the knowledge on pressure bearing parts in HP Equipment regarding Materials, Design and Manufacturing techniques;
• Provide technical training (both internally and externally) and presentations at external symposia within the domain of pressure vessel design according to design codes, Stamicarbon standards, pressure bearing materials selection and manufacturing techniques;
• Support the manufacturers advising them on manufacturing techniques and methods to build HP Equipment for UREA plants.
You have at least a Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical-or Metal Engineering with knowledge of equipment and application in chemical plants and demonstrably known with working in project based environment. You are persuasive, creative, result driven and a team worker.
As our next Pressure Equipment Design & Manufacturing Specialist you’ll have:
• > 10 years’ experience within the Petrochemical or oil & gas industry added with experience in working in manufacturing of HP Equipment;
• Broad experience in international engineering contractors business and operational factory experience;
• Strong affiliation with quality control during fabrication of process equipment and/or in-service inspections;
• In-depth knowledge of design according applicable codes and manufacturing of High pressure process equipment;
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques (welding etc.) and sequence of building HP Equipment.
• Knowledge of related fields, knowledge flowsheeting, software programming and the use of tools;
• Knowledge of ESA/HAZOP studies and the Cactus method, Basic Safety Course;
• Good command of written and spoken English
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via email@example.com.