At Stamicarbon, the innovation and license company of Maire Tecnimont Group, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions. From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
Operations Advance is organized within the Business Line Services, within the Stamicarbon Organization. The department is working in a project environment being responsible for managing all Advance projects, while at the same time delivering all relevant technological and technical knowledge and resources to define, sell, and execute the projects.
Process Control Engineer Advance
As process control engineer you apply process control knowledge and deliver services during the design, construction and commissioning of new urea, syngas and/or nitric acid plants.
The Advance Business Line’s mission is to provide service activities to our customer plants with the goal of optimizing plant performance, extending the lifetime of plants and equipment, upgrading existing plants with the highest safety standards and to supply services and products to comply with today’s strict environmental regulations.
Your key areas of responsibility are to:
• Responsible for all process control engineering deliverables with respect to Process Design Packages (PDP) for newly licensed urea, syngas and/or nitric acid fertilizer plants;
• Verification of PDP;
• Ensuring the supply of deliverables and services are in accordance with the defined scope of work and delivery schedule in the contract in close cooperation with the Sales Department;
• Provide creative solutions in process control and equipment design, update Process Control Engineering Design Manuals, General Specifications and standard instrument datasheets;
• Preparation of specifications and material requisitions for the supply of proprietary process control equipment and internal standards;
• Responsible for coordination of deliverables of digital business such as Operator Training Simulators, Process Monitors and Optimizers acting as lead/support engineer or coordinator;
• Formulate and carry out improvements or innovations on process control;
• Technical evaluation and alignment of manufacturer bids for the supply of proprietary process control equipment in close cooperation with the Procurement Department;
• Preparation and participation in pre-award meetings, kick-off meetings, pre-inspection meetings and inspections for supply of proprietary process control equipment;
• Preparation and participation in kick-off meetings, review meetings, (internal) design meetings and Design Hazard Studies with respect to Licensing Projects.
• Support EPC contractor and equipment manufacturers, by applying knowledge of design codes for proprietary equipment;
• Ensure that equipment manufacturers are delivering in accordance with the defined quality level;
• Knowledge of the inspection expertise of third party inspections;
• Improve existing work practices, processes, procedures and instructions.
• Work on parallel different phased projects as a team member of multi-disciplinary teams.
• Planning of your own activities in consultation with customers, Sales Manager, Project Manager and team members;
• Bachelor Degree in Process Control Engineering;
• Process affinity is a plus;
• 10-15 years of relevant operational (petro)chemical experience for designing process control packages, preferably within the Urea industry;
• Knowledge of process control, Distributed Control System and safety systems;
• Knowledge and ability of interpreting specifications; General design codes and Stamicarbon - and client standards.
• Knowledge of interfacing and security between control layers such as operational control layer (DCS/PLC), plant supervisory layer and production control;
• Knowledge of instrumentation (what is available in the market and how it can be used in Stamicarbon fields);
• Knowledge on applications like Leak Detection Systems, Radar equipment, NC-Meters etc.;
• Proven experience of successfully executing complete projects from start to finish;
• Experience in implementation/checking installed and to be replaced instrumentation equipment;
• Operational experience in replacement of instrumentation and getting the instrumentation operational (commissioning/startup);
• Able to work collaboratively and effectively within a team;
• Able to demonstrate strong communication skills within a customer facing environment;
• Proactive problem solver with strong analytical skills;
• Excellent English verbal and writing skills;
• Additional languages (Russian, Mandarin, Arabic) will be a definite plus;
• Knowledge of ESA/HAZOP studies.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in a this international career opportunity?
For more information please contact: