Stamicarbon, as a leader in the development and licensing of cutting-edge urea plant design is always considering future development in the fertilizer industry. In order to follow current trends it will build on this core knowledge to pursue and develop related projects based on syngas derivatives with a small-scale profile, limited CO2 impact or involving renewable energy in some form. Although the technology and project concepts are not yet complete, we are considering among others: ammonia developed via an electrolysis process from renewable forms of energy (wind, solar, geothermal); small scale traditional ammonia urea plants serving local logistics-friendly farming consortiums; small-to-medium scale plants sourcing CO2 as an unwanted emission from another industrial process such as power generation or steel production; and the above green ammonia process feeding a nitric acid plant requiring limited or no carbon dioxide as feedstock. These efforts will naturally involve a great deal of innovation, entrepreneurialism and project development on both the technology and commercial sides. For these efforts we are building on key knowledge that we already possess, but we are also looking for both a business development professional as well as an engineering professional with experience outside of urea in syngas and other green chemistry initiatives.
Operations Launch is organized within the Business Line Licensing, within the Stamicarbon Organization. The department is working in a project environment, being responsible for managing all Grass Root projects in the field of urea, nitric acid, Syngas and derivative Technologies while at the same time delivering all relevant technological and technical knowledge and resources to define, sell, and execute the projects.
Process Engineer Syngas and derivative Technologies
As a process engineer Syngas and derivative Technologies you are responsible for preparing Process Design Packages (PDP’s) and related services and deliver support during the design and
(pre-)commissioning of new plants within the Stamicarbon scope. To perform studies and prepare PDP’s for increasing safety and/or lifetime, and/or reducing the environmental impact and/or improving the capacity of existing factories To deliver support to sales activities e.g. by preparing technical proposals.
Your key areas of responsibility are to:
- Prepare the process design and process engineering part of the Process Design Package (PDP)
- Responsible for the process content of the PDP, quotations/proposals and studies.
- Responsible for the process topology, design and operating parameters, mass- & heat balances, Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and guarantee figures.
- Participate in internal Design Hazard Studies (DHS), sometimes acting as a chairman or secretary. Participate in external held HAZOP studies, organized by the contractor/client.
- Review of relevant documents made by engineering contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Execute feasibility studies for new process concepts.
- Supply creative solutions in process and equipment design.
- Formulate process improvements or innovations and carry out these improvements by making us of and supporting the innovation pipeline process (IPL).
- Challenge of contractor and client on a technical level.
- Support and be part of the technical negotiations with customers during the acquisition phase.
- Pre-commissioning, commissioning (start-up) and guarantee test support.
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Work on parallel on different type and differently phased projects. Planning of his/her own activities in consultation with the Resource Manager, the Project Manager (-s) and the team members.
- Realize the defined deliverables and assigned activities within the approved budget and timing.
- Participate in project evaluations and define improvement proposals, e.g. for process improvements and/or implementation of newly acquired knowledge in the process design manuals and/or guidelines;
- Formulate process improvements or innovations and carry out these improvements by supporting the Project Manager for an innovation pipeline project (IPL).
- Ensure that the correct applicable customer specific and Stamicarbon standards and national and international legislation is applied in relation to health, safety, environment (SHE) and quality aspects.
- Advice on improving existing work processes, procedures and instructions as a result of reported experiences and findings.
- Advise on the required technical competences within the department (type, amount and level)
- You have at least 10-15 years of experience in process engineering in projects and operational factory experience in syngas and derivative Technologies.
- You are a communicative, result oriented Team player with a high standard for quality.
- Broad experience in international engineering/chemical business with core knowledge of process technology within the relevant fields (e.g. Syngas and derivative Technologies and competitors’ processes and corresponding history.
- Good knowledge of the (whole) engineering process and the PDP deliverables.
- Knowledge of flow sheeting and the use of engineering tools for front-end engineering.
- Knowledge of ESA/HAZOP studies, the SIL method.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact Natascha Brouns Tel.: 0031-(0)6 38675384