Stamicarbon is one of the world’s leading companies in the design and project development of chemical plants, licensing technologies and delivery of high-quality equipment and services for the petrochemical industry. We are specialized in the fertilizer industry and have the pioneering vision to enable the world to feed itself and improve the quality of life. To date, Stamicarbon has licensed more than 250 urea plants and realized more than 100 revamping and optimization projects. Stamicarbon licenses its technology and it supplies and delivers equipment worldwide.
The AFC (Administration, Finance & Control) Department is organized within the Stamicarbon organization, the Licensing and IP center for the Maire Tecnimont Group. The position holder works in an international environment, highly demanding and challenging, and has to liaise strongly either with the Company’s CFO either with the Parent Company AFC Department, to make sure accurate financial information can be timely provided correct and in given standards. The role also implies frequent interactions with other administrative staff and across Stamicarbon Departments and with the head office (MT).
Project Control Coordinator
As a Project Control Coordinator you lead the project control team and coordinate the overall project control activities of any size/complexity, in full compliance with the contractual requirements following Company standard methodology, the Company’s quality requirements and CFO instructions.
As a Project Control Coordinator your key responsibilities are:
• To prepare for its area of responsibility and to collaborate to the definition with Project Director/Project Manager, Procurement Dept, the Project Execution Plan of the project and assure its application throughout the entire project life to reach the proposed target;
• To create and maintain, with the cooperation of and coordinating Project Control Engineers, the project control procedures, guidelines and project control standards of the project;
• To coordinate the preparation of the project schedules at a different level of details, as appropriate, involving BL’s Operation Managers (Project Director\Project Manager), Sales, Procurement Dept. The schedules will be normally supplemented by progress curves and manpower histograms, as appropriate. Such schedules, after Project Director/Project Manager and Client’s approval, will be frozen as Project Baselines;
• To ensure the timely preparation of Schedule, PSR (Project Status Report), reporting and the Spread Budget;
• To ensure the overall project control among the operational centers (other companies of the Group, sub-contractors, partners, site) involved in the project control activities of the project;
• To coordinate the preparation of the charts to support the project review meetings and to monitor the execution of the agreed remedial actions;
• To coordinate the preparation of the routine Project Indicators;
• To ensure the periodical inputs to generate Company Workload;
• To evaluate the scope changes, design modifications and Contract variance in terms of time and cost supporting Contract Manager in preparing the Change Orders towards the Client;
• To coordinate the preparation of Project Control reports and/or presentation to support the Project Review Meetings and to monitor the execution of the agreed remedial actions;
• To provide feedback to CFO concerning problems arising from application of standard methods and work instruction to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department;
• To ensure the professional growth of the assigned project control engineers as per department and Company needs and exchange experience with colleagues (PCM);
• To collaborate with external auditors during the periodic audits/reviews by supporting the other administrative staff during external audits / reviews, by arranging clarifications for the audit enquiries and by discussing/evaluating the IFRS requirements with the external auditors.
As a potential new colleague you have at least 5 years’ experience in Project Controlling, On-job experiences in various F&C positions and disciplines, including book-keeping, financial reporting, budgeting/planning, variance analysis monitoring administrative cycles and relevant experience within a international business environment.
Main job requirements includes:
- University degree in Engineering Management or Industrial Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project and Cost Control.
- Solid knowledge of Project Schedule Management.
- High level of conceptual and analytical skills with a strong problem solving orientation by interacting from different perspectives, with flexibility and dynamic approach;
- Accurate, flexible and reliable, with a clear and constant focus on process improvement;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good planning and organizing skills;
- Knowledge across a broad field of F&C disciplines (accounting, reporting, finance, budget, planning, tax) is preferred;
- Fluent in English (written, spoken);
- Knowledge of SAP (medium level), Excel (medium/high level), Power-Bi ( medium level) and other MS Office tools;
- Able to translate and report complex financial data into clear information for (internal) financial and non-financial stakeholders.
As a Project Control Coordinator you need to have the following specific handling requirements:
- Deals with strictly confidential business information;
- Works in an international environment, highly demanding and challenging;
- Often works under time pressure;
- Often engages in specific tasks involving the overall organization and/or requiring a high capability to focus the issue and develop the appropriate route of analysis;
- Apart from the most standardized administrative cycles, tasks and duties are not usually organized as routine activities and require a high sense of self-organization, dynamic approach and priority;
- Works in team and also often supports/co-ordinate team members in specific tasks;
- Interactions within AFC Department, with other Company’s Departments and with Parent Company are frequent and necessary to successfully complete the tasks;
- Good social and communication skills required to smoothly and easily handle social interactions during the execution of tasks and engagements;
- Cooperation with high qualified management.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, the Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via email@example.com.
Are you interested in a this international career opportunity?
For more information please contact: