At Stamicarbon, the innovation and license company of Maire, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions. From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
The position of Project Control is organized within the AFC Department, in the Stamicarbon organization, the Licensing and IP center for the Maire Tecnimont Group. The AFC (Administration, Finance & Control) Department is organized within the Stamicarbon organization, the Licensing and IP center for the Maire Tecnimont Group. The position holder works in an international environment, highly demanding and challenging, and has to liaise strongly either with the Company’s CFO either with the Sales Managers and Project Managers, to make sure accurate financial information can be timely provided correct and in given standards.
The role also implies frequent interactions with other administrative staff and across Stamicarbon Departments and with the head office (MT).
The Project Control Engineer performs activities pertaining to the planning, reporting and cost controlling within a Project (or part thereof) of any size and complexity, in order to fully support the business needs, Sales Managers and Project Managers requests under the guidance of the Project Control Coordinator, in full compliance with the projects contract requirement and the Group and company Standards and procedures.
Your Key areas of accountability/responsibility are to:
• Support the Project Control Coordinator during the development of the budget of competence (for example the Original Budget);
• Prepare the proposal schedule, at the different levels, according to the details defined by the Proposal Manager;
• Prepare the project planning control documents (for example Milestones Plan, WBS, Reporting, Manpower Histograms) in compliance with the Project/Contract requirements or Scope Changes upon request of the Sales Manager/Project Manager;
• Prepare the project control reports, outputs and presentations and reports upon request of the Sales Manager/Project Manager;
• Draft the Project Forecast Cost Breakdown Plan, by structuring necessary logic/data (through interaction with the relevant Functions and Vendors), in full compliance with the Contract Scope of Work, for further approval by the Project Manager; take care of the implementation of the approved Project CB Plan and potential updates within the dedicated Company tools;
• Cooperate in performing the periodical schedule control by means of time new technique, assess physical progress of the project and forecast the predicted completion, evidencing any deviations towards the approved baselines to be discussed with the Project Control Coordinator/Project Manager;
• Identify, analyze and monitor project schedule - or part thereof - deviations for assigned disciplines or specialties, including vendors/subcontractor submittals and recommend corrective action/work-around solutions for project considerations;
• Monitor and control manhour expenditure and productivity trends aligned with the needs of the Sales Manager/Project Manager;
• Perform the periodical control activities to assess the project forecasts in terms of revenues, costs and profitability evidencing any deviation versus the Original/Current Budget;
• Prepare and updated on a timely basis of the Cost Control documents and “Periodical Reports”: a. PSR (Project Status Report) b. Cost Control Report c. Monthly prorated costs/revenues
• Support the Project Control Coordinator/Project Manager to evaluate costs impact and the contingency allocation due to potential variations (Scope of Work, Change order, Contract variations, etc.);
• Provide relevant Project’s information to support Project manager’s decision, when required;
• Support the Project Control Coordinator in the time impact analyses for any potential changes/ claims (to the Contract/P.O. requirements);
• At project completion, cooperate in the collection of all data and information necessary for future development of the Company’s database and proper filling of the Project Close-out report.
• Support general control related requests from the HoD’s of Sales/ Operations/Inspections and the Vice-presidents of the Business Lines.
If you like to work in a dynamic environment and in an enthusiastic and committed team, enjoying the interaction with our multi-cultural colleagues and the interaction with our mother company Maire Tecnimont, then this is the opportunity you are looking for!
• You have an Engineering Bachelor degree ;
• You have a minimum 3 years’ experience as Project Control Engineer with technical affinity;
• You possess strong affinity and understanding of economic and financial concepts as well as an international project management support and control environment;
• You have affinity with technical engineering & execution;
• You are highly organized at work;
• You posses a strong proactive approach when facing problems;
• You like to work with other cultures and have are very well capable of building relationships;
• You have broad experience with project control techniques and tools, practices and principles;
• You have solid knowledge regarding planning activities and their interactions in projects in the fertilizer industry, particularly for Turnarounds;
• You have acquired training and working experience in the area of Project Control, Project Budgeting and Contract;
• You are well- versed in the use of various software’s and show a high- proficient use of all the necessary Company Tools such as Excel, Word, SAP (optional Power-Bi);
• You have a good command of the English language (orally and in written).
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org