Stamicarbon is one of the world’s leading companies in the design and project development of chemical plants, licensing technologies and delivery of high-quality equipment and services for the petrochemical industry. We are specialized in the fertilizer industry and have the pioneering vision to enable the world to feed itself and improve the quality of life. To date, Stamicarbon has licensed more than 250 urea plants and realized more than 100 revamping and optimization projects. Stamicarbon licenses its technology and it supplies and delivers equipment worldwide.
The Legal, Corporate Affairs & Compliance department is well embedded in the Stamicarbon organization, which forms part of the Maire Tecnimont Group. This department is working on the cutting edge of business, legal and regulatory issues around the world.
(Project) Export Compliance Officer
You will ensure the compliance of all Stamicarbon’s project activities involving export, re-export, transferring and brokering of goods, software and technologies with the applicable export control, trade and sanctions laws and regulations.
As a (Project) Export Compliance Officer you are:
- responsible for trade and export compliance of Stamicarbon’s projects;
- consulted during preparation of new contracts which include import/export of goods;
- able to adapt and balance multiple tasks with multiple stakeholders in a global environment with excellent attention to detail;
Your key responsibilities are to:
- adhere to all applicable UN, EU and U.S. laws and regulations pertaining to international trade as well ensuring compliance with Stamicarbon’s and Maire Tecnimont Group’s corporate policies and procedures;
- perform, evaluate and improve the process for accurate screening of the transactions, including Know Your Customer screening;
- check, monitor and approve EUC’s;
- support tariff classifications of imported/exported products, valuation issues, country of origin determinations etc;
- identify the risks and vulnerabilities connected with the project's activities in relation to export, re-export, transferring and brokering of goods, software and technologies;
- prepare the Project export compliance advice to mitigate the aforesaid risks and vulnerabilities;
- coordinate obtaining legal and technical advice on export, re-export, transferring and brokering of goods, software and technologies as required by Project's activities;
- manage permits if and when required;
- contribute and support to the continuous improvement of Stamicarbon’s trade compliance program;
- develop and provide training modules for increasing awareness and knowledge of other departments;
- advise other departments where needed;
- establish and maintain good contacts with the (customs) authorities;
- ensure the correct and efficient filing of the documents concerning Project Export Compliance and maintain a proper administration per project;
- prepare a periodical specific report on Export Compliance and related activities.
As a potential new colleague you preferably have multiple years of working experience in customs clearance operations, indirect tax and trade compliance environment, in a multi-national company.
Main job requirements includes:
- You have a dedicated education (bachelor/master) and working experience in compliance/supply chain/finance/legal;
- preferably followed additional trainings (or equivalence of):
- Import Export Specialist / coordinator customs trade compliance 1 year, or
- Manager Customs- and Trade Affairs (EVOFENEDEX) 2 year (Post bachelor)
- Knowledge of project management, sales and finance;
- Familiar with continuous improvement activities;
- Fluency in English, and preferably Dutch ;
- Good written and verbal skills. Strong interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with positive attitude;
- Interested to grow further in other areas of compliance.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, the Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via email@example.com.
Are you interested in a this international career opportunity?
For more information please contact: