At Stamicarbon, the innovation and license company of Maire, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions.
From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
The Project Manager Licensing is responsible for defining and executing project plans for projects concerning licensing and sales of proprietary equipment.
In the position of Project Manager, reporting to the Head of Operations, your main responsibilities will be to:
• Draw up project plans and manage projects accordingly in terms of money, time, quality, resources, information and communication, ensuring that the project deliverables and milestones are met. The candidate is proactive and agile in order to achieve the best project result whereby optimizing the above;
• Manage risk and ensure compliance with all relevant laws and applicable regulations and requirements;
• Lead projects with a budget of 5-100 M€; Grass roots and Revamps Process design packages (PDP) as well as proprietary equipment supply (PEQ) projects;
• Report on project progress versus the project plan and to control the scope of the project;
• Ensure the alignment with customer(s), supplier(s) and contractor(s) to fulfill the contract and to maintain the relations on a strong level, whereby managing the expectations of the customer;
• Communicate (verbal, in writing) in a highly professional way showing proficient negotiating skills. Experience in trilateral negotiation with contractor and end-user bridging the gap in the scopes of all parties;
• Adjust your leadership style based on the type of project and/or the level of experience in the team;
• Manage the relations with internal and external parties and act as a liaison between project parties. Building the bridge towards Sales/Procurement, AFC, Contract Management/Legal;
• Manages the expectations of the key stakeholders both internally and externally;
• You are able to manage the dynamics that come along with execution of ‘first of a kind’ innovation projects and the risks in to actions in order to safeguard the project goals;
• Has a clear understanding of the impact of safety aspects on projects (Design choices, DHS, QRA, Labor Law) and knows when to solicit for advise (HSE Council, HR, Legal etc.);
• Taking the lead in set up of Letters of Credit (supports preparation according project milestones) and proactively manages the Bank Guarantees and Letters of Credit during the execution of the project;
• Shows his seniority and added value in contract assessments in the acquisition phase;
• Transferring the Sales Budget in to a Project Budget, clearly substantiating deviations. Where needed you challenge the project teams to optimize the hours and cost;
• Drives continuous improvement in the project team as well as in the cooperation between the internal and external stakeholder for project management;
• Perform a solid fact-based analysis in case things do not run smooth and stimulate a constructive discussion/movement to improve;
• Lead change management in order to drive the continuous improvement process (improve reporting, work procedures, create a collaborative team environment, challenge the way we work);
• Ensures customer satisfaction by handling difficult and atypical situations using existing guidelines as well as individual creativity without the need for supervisor approval:
• Provides input for and participates in manufacturer and vendor appraisal.
You have at least a Bachelor Degree in Chemical Technology or Mechanical Engineering and sound knowledge of the international contracting world and contractor engineering processes. The position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in international project management and ample experience in international co-operations, negotiations and communications. Experience with the urea business is a preference.
Preferably you have work experience in executing projects in chemical plants, the dynamics of revamping and licensing business. You are fluent in English, both spoken and written and like to travel on a frequent basis, enjoying the interaction with multi-cultural customers and partners.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org