At Stamicarbon, the nitrogen technology licensor of MAIRE Group, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions.
From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
The QESH & Risk Manager role is organized within the HR, IT & General Affairs Department of the Stamicarbon organization, sister company of the MAIRE Group.
The QESH & Risk Manager role is to secure an optimal and embedded QESH & Risk Management System, based on International Standards, which supports the conditions (leadership, governance structure, business processes, competent employees, risk management) for the success of the company. The QESH & Risk Manager works in close collaboration with the HSE Engineer, who focusses on technical HSE subjects related to the process design of urea (or related) production plants activities, training, and advises on operational safety in plants and workshops. The QESH & Risk Manager also steers the Continues Improvement Manager and coordinates the activities of tasks and collaborates strongly with the Environmental & Sustainability Officer, the Ergonomics Coach, the First Aid Officers, Health Officer. The QESH & Risk Manager has a functional line with the Works Council of Stamicarbon and aligns frequent with the MAIRE Group functions and ensures compliancy with Group regulations.
QESH & Risk Manager
As a QESH & Risk Manager the purpose of the position is:
• Prepare, implement, maintain and coordinate all processes required for the QESH & Risk Management System
• Apply the methodologies and tools of the QESH & Risk Management System, in cooperation with the responsible for preparing relevant documentation and reporting;
• Expert on Quality, Continues Improvement and Risk Management processes and ensure implementation.
Main responsibilities include:
• Responsible for embedding changes in the QESH & Risk management processes
• Support management together with Quality Assistant in describing procedures in a consistent way and implementation thereof;
• Support management in all CI activities (f.e. Management annual planning cycle, process customer feedback, support and follow up on PDCA cycles, Problem Solving, training employees); • Manage the day-to-day activities of the Quality team and evaluate & develop the skills of the employees (2 direct reports)
• Responsible for developing, implementing and managing the Quality, ESH and Risk Management policies, in compliance with national international laws and Group regulations, certification standards (e.g. ISO 9001-2000);
• Responsible for monitoring follow up on defined business and process risks;
• Monitors the implementation and progress of Quality, ESH and Risk Management policies and activities and reports to management;
• Is responsible for (internal) auditing and organizes, manages and, if necessary, performs QESH & Risk management inspections and audits himself;
• Reports on and monitors the executions progress of the defined corrective and preventive actions of NCs and QESH incidents.
• Escalates in case (immediate) dangerous situations occur or in case of gross violation of the QESH & Risk Management requirements and standards;
• Coordinates in Stamicarbon operations in case immediate dangerous situations occur or in case of gross violation of the QESH & Risk Management Requirements and standards.
As a potential new colleague you have at least > 10 years in an industrial environment incl. at least 5 years in a Quality Management position and experience in risk management and people management.
Main job requirements includes:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Quality Management or Chemical, Environmental, Safety Engineering, or Business Administration or equivalent;
• Strong background within a Quality and/or HSE Risk Management department;
• Knowledge of Lean (Six Sigma), preferably Black Belt certified;
• Is familiar with HAZID, HAZOP and other risk assessment techniques;
• Proven Management and Project Management skills;
• Fluent in English.
As a QESH & Risk Manager you need to have the following specific handling requirements:
• To work in a complex and rapidly growing organization;
• Team player and relationship builder who can also work well independently;
• To manage a constantly changing environment which faces a high level of diversity;
• To work in an international environment;
• Ability to steer and guide hierarchical as well as multiple functional reports;
• Ability to influence stakeholders and to motivate others to work proactive and efficient and therefore increase performance;
• You are a motivational leader with high level of professionalism, integrity and interpersonal and people skills; • You have the capability to manage and develop your team and create an inspiring and inclusive work environment;
• You are seasoned in change management and have great resilience.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, the Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.