The Strategic R&D department is part of the MTIC group within the Stamicarbon organization, the Licensing and IP center for the Maire Tecnimont Group. This department is working in a project environment being responsible for the coordination and execution of strategic innovation projects. In order to catch up with the expanding business and further strengthen Stamicarbon’s R&D department we are recruiting for a:
(Sr.) R&D Engineer Solids Processing
In this role you secure the technological lead of Stamicarbon in the market by continuously innovating existing and developing new technologies for the sustainable production of nitrogen based specialty fertilizers, based on market needs.
Your key areas of responsibility are to:
- Develop know-how of and IP for new and sustainable technologies for specialty fertilizers production;
- Support, co-develop and maintain the strategic R&D program;
- Propose new strategic R&D projects, with a focus on finishing technologies (like granulation) for specialty fertilizers;
- Coordinate and execute defined strategic R&D projects, using Project Management and IPL tools;
- Test and develop new finishing technologies for new nitrogen based specialty fertilizers;
- Initiate, develop and execute open innovation programs with external partners;
- Cooperate with internal as well as external partners, such as research institutes, vendors and suppliers;
- Coordinate fertilizer finishing and solids handling testing at vendors test locations;
- Set up laboratory programs, necessary to investigate e.g. fertilizer product qualities;
- Set up of pilot plant programs and coordinate pilot plant tests;
- Scale-up the lab and pilot plant test results to industrial scale applications;
- Support the Stamicarbon business lines with the transfer of a successfully developed finishing technology into running business;
You combine at least a Master Degree level in an Engineering Discipline (preferable Chemical or Mechanical Engineering) with at least 5 years of experience, working as an R&D Engineer or Process Engineer in a technical environment in industry and/or university and you have experience with performing technical/economical evaluations. You have a professional understanding of process technologies - in particular of solids handling (e.g. storage, dosing, transport, milling, sieving, etc.) and finishing technologies (e.g. granulation, spray drying, compacting, etc.) - and a general knowledge about job safety and HAZOP studies. Conceptual process engineering skills are necessary to design or adapt pilot plants for its test applications and for translating newly developed technologies to full scale production.
As a potential new colleague you have the personality to think in solutions instead of thinking in problems and the ability to coordinate projects in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams. You are goal oriented, analytical, accurate and flexible. You show a true team spirit, can connect easily with colleagues and customers and you are driven to share your knowledge, to coach and support people. Therefore, good communication skills and an excellent command of English (verbally as well as written) are necessary for the success of this position. A good command of the German language is preferred as well. You enjoy frequent travelling abroad.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon's Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. Please only apply via our website. For further information about this position, please contact Ms. Natascha Brouns, Recruiter Stamicarbon, Tel.: +31 6 3867 5384