Operations Advance is organized within the Business Line Services, within the Stamicarbon Organization. The department is working in a project environment, being responsible for managing all Services projects, while at the same time delivering all relevant technological and technical knowledge and resources to define, sell, and execute the projects.
Resident Mechanical Engineer
As a resident mechanical engineer you apply mechanical knowledge and deliver services during the design, manufacturing and (pre-)commissioning of new Urea high pressure equipment. You also help optimizing and/or improving the mechanical performance and reliability of existing Urea factories.
Your key areas of responsibility are to:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of specifications and requisitions for design and manufacturing of Stamicarbon proprietary equipment based on Customer ITB requirements and Stamicarbon internal standards;
- Support equipment manufacturers (on premise) in applying knowledge of Stamicarbon standards and design codes for high pressure equipment, such as ASME, AD-Merkblätter and CEN;
- Ensure that equipment manufacturers are delivering in accordance with the defined quality level and raise site observations and nonconformance reports where works are faulty or non-compliant with the contract;
- Contribute to risk assessments prior to contracting and monitoring of risks through project execution;
- Prepare and participate in pre-award meetings, kick-off meetings, pre-inspection meetings and inspections for supply of proprietary equipment;
- Ensure the supply of deliverables as defined in the scope of work and services are in accordance with the schedule as agreed upon by all parties involved;
- Realize the defined activities within the approved budget;
- Work on parallel different phased projects. Team member of multi-disciplinary teams. Planning of own activities in consultation with customers, acquisition, the Project Manager and team members;
- Supply creative solutions in mechanical and equipment design and propose updates to the Mechanical Engineering Design Manual, General Specifications and the standard equipment data sheets, accordingly;
- Propose improvements to existing work practices, processes, procedures and instructions and to optimize these. This also based on reported experiences and findings;
- Support continuous improvement by evaluating realized projects and contributing to manufacturer improvement and qualification programs.
- Bachelor level in Mechanical Engineering with knowledge of equipment and applications in chemical plants;
- 10 years of work experience in a pressure vessel manufacturing environment, with focus on quality;
- Willing and able for long term deployments abroad, up to 3 months at a time;
- Broad knowledge of materials (carbon steels and stainless steels) and corrosion phenomena, welding, PWHT, NDE, ASME BPVC, procurement, manufacturing planning and sequences;
- Knowledge of mechanical drafting tools e.g. AutoCAD, Inventor, Plant3D;
- Knowledge of mechanical calculation tools e.g. PV Elite, DIMy, CAESAR;
- Knowledge of the inspection expertise of third party inspections companies;
- Knowledge of related fields e.g. flow sheeting, P&IDs, isometrics;
- Knowledge of ESA/HAZOP studies and the Cactus method, Basic Safety Course;
- Will actively contribute to the health, safety, and welfare of self and others through identification and reporting of potential health and safety hazards in the workplace;
- Can effectively influence at various levels of organizations;
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact Miss Natascha Brouns Tel.: 0031-(0)6 38675384