Stamicarbon BV, based in Sittard, The Netherlands is the leading company in design, licensing and development of urea plants for the fertilizer industry, we apply our expertise, knowledge and experience for many solutions; fertilizer production technologies, emission reduction
technologies and all technologies for the integration of urea and adjacent processes. To optimize our fertilizer plants into the future, we are developing a suite of digital services.
The Software Development department is part of the Business Line Innovation of Stamicarbon. The department is responsible for the development of STAMI Digital Products and Services for high-fidelity Operator Training Simulator (OTS) and Process Simulators. Mainly for the process industry including, the oil and gas, petrochemical, energy and specialty chemicals sector, and in particular for all Stamicarbon licensed and herewith related Syngas technologies as well as for Maire Tecnimont Group technologies and projects. The department works closely together with the (Digital) Projects department.
Currently we have a vacancy for the position of Software Developer (Technical)
You will be working in an enthusiastic department of around 10 – 12 colleagues. Each product is developed / maintained by a dedicated product team, following a SCRUM methodology. Due to the size of the product teams each developer has a lot of responsibility for the entire
development cycle (requirements, design, development, testing & deployment). The product teams share a specialist that manages the cloud and DevOps infrastructure for the product teams, and a product owner.
You will be part of the product team that develops and maintains our proprietary software for Operator Training Simulators (OTS). Some modules of this software are used by the (Digital) Projects department as an IDE for developing OTS applications, other modules are used by our customers’ end users to actually run these OTS applications.
The key activities are:
- The realization of new features for the software.
- Redesigning and migrating the (currently) desktop-based software into a cloud-first solution for our customers’ end users.
- Further optimizing the CI / CD process and the testability of the software and integrating this with the OTS applications developed by the (Digital) Projects department.
If your technical skillset and the resource planning allows it, there may be an opportunity to switch between the 2 product teams every couple of years. Our team works from the office at least 1 day a week, and the rest of the week you can work from home, if the job at hand allows it.
We also try to organize a BBQ or diner for our department multiple times per year, so we keep the good vibe alive.
- Bachelor or Master degree computer science or equivalent with at least 5 years’ of experience
- Good command of the English language
- Affinity with highly technical and industrial environments and simulation
- Highly skilled at (Modern) C++ development in Visual Studio
- Experience with C#, XAML (UX-development)
- In-depth knowledge automated testing (especially legacy code) is a very strong plus
- Experience with (Azure) DevOps is a plus
- Experience with cross-platform (UX-)development in .NET (MAUI, Uno, WASM) is a plus
- Likes to work as a member of a project team, but can also work independently
- Ability to maintain overview
- Proactive attitude, drive to learn and improve skills
- Strong quality awareness, drive to continuously improving products
- Sensitive for colleagues in the work environment
- Good communication skills
- Quick and eager learner
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in this international career opportunity?
For more information please contact: