The Software Development department is part of the Maire Tecnimont Innovation Center (MTIC) within the Stamicarbon Organization. The department is responsible for the development of software modules for STAMI Digital Products and Services, in particular for high-fidelity Operator Training Simulator (OTS), Process Monitor & Process Optimizer. The market comprises the process industry including, amongst others, the oil and gas, petrochemical, energy, and specialty chemicals sector, and in particular, all Stamicarbon licensed and herewith related Syngas technologies as well as for Maire Tecnimont Group technologies and projects. The department works closely together with (Digital) Process Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, and Instrument Engineers all over the company.
Software Product Owner
As a Software Product Owner you maximize the added value of the software components in the STAMI Digital Products and Services (e.g. Operator Training Simulator, Process Monitor), aligned with business goals. Ensure quality by respecting technical standards and governance and implementing and maintaining an optimal Agile Software Development method.
As a Software Product Owner the purpose of the position is:
- Decide about product backlog items and sprint planning, after aligning:
- With the Product Manager about the roadmap, and business goals.
- With the Product Team about technical feasibility, estimations & relations between backlog items.
- With the Manager Software Development about technical best practices & governance to ensure quality.
- Decide about the implementation of the Agile Software Development process, e.g.:
- How to estimate & plan backlog items.
- How to keep backlog in sync with the product roadmap.
- How to arrange the SCRUM sprint planning & ceremonies, and which stakeholders to invite.
- How to arrange backlog grooming, and which product team members to invite.
Main responsibilities include:
- Implement and maintain an optimal agile / SCRUM process, and generate reports to demonstrate the efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Collaborating with prospective users and (internal & external) customers to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product requirements..
- Defining the vision for a team’s product and keeping this aligned with the roadmap and business goals.
- Managing the product backlogs and prioritizing them based on changing requirements, technical feasibility & technical best practices/governance.
- Overseeing all stages of product creation including design and development.
- Monitoring and evaluating product progress at each stage of the process.
- Participating in Scrum meetings and product sprints.
- Maintain high-level release planning, trigger releases, and update release notes.
As a potential new colleague you have at least 5 years of experience in a Product Owner role, preferably after at least some years of practical experience as a Technical Software Developer.
You need to be technical enough and a very fast learner since:
- A lot of the backlog items are very technical. This means that a clear understanding is required of technical feasibility and implications of technical best practices & governance on quality.
- The role applies to 2 different product teams, each responsible for their own (and also different types of) software product.
Main job requirements includes:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or somewhat related field;
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development method
- Working knowledge of product development and software architecture
- Proficiency in the use of analytic tools
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to integrate engineering projects following a Waterfall approach with Agile Software Development projects
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, the Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact Ms. Natascha Brouns via 00316-38675384.