At Stamicarbon, the nitrogen technology licensor of MAIRE Group, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions.
From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
Stamicarbon is one of the world’s leading companies in the design and project development of chemical plants, licensing technologies and delivery of high-quality equipment and services for the petrochemical industry. We are specialized in the fertilizer industry and have the pioneering vision to enable the world to feed itself and improve the quality of life. To date, Stamicarbon has licensed more than 250 urea plants and realized more than 100 revamping and optimization projects. Stamicarbon licenses its technology and it supplies and delivers equipment worldwide.
The Evolve Operations department is organized within the Licensing business lines of the Stamicarbon organization, the Licensing and IP center for the Maire Tecnimont Group. This department enables Urea producers to revamp existing plants by developing and designing reliable and profitable urea plants and offering a range of safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly revamp schemes, including proprietary equipment. For a replacement we are recruiting for a:
Technical Software Engineer
You will ensure that Stamicarbon’s technical & scientific computing (TSC) software and tools are up-to-date, fit-for-purpose and fully functional. Beside that you have to implement new and updated models in our flow sheeting, process simulation and design tools in order to accelerate the new process designs to its next stage.
As a Technical Software Engineer you:
- Advice management on the maintenance of existing and on the need for new TSC software;
- Evaluate 3rd party TSC software and tools with respect to cost, capability, performance etc.;
- Adapt and balance multiple tasks with multiple stakeholders in a global environment with excellent attention to detail.
- Have to work in close co-operation with the modeling engineer.
Your key areas of responsibility are:
- Implement new or updated thermodynamic and/or unit operations models in the in-house developed flow sheeting, process simulation and design tools;
- Manage user requirements: design, implement, test and release TSC software;
- Maintain the databases and documentation for the TSC tools;
- Trouble shooting on Stamicarbon’s TSC software and tools;
- Improve the user interfaces and further integration of the TSC tools;
- Secure the functionality of the different TSC tools, e.g. in case of office systems and/or other 3rd party software updates;
- Provide training and support of the process (control) engineers in the use of TSC tools;
- Manage 3rd party TSC tools like Conval.de, HTRI.net
- Create, build and configure a platform or tools for the continuous build, integration, deployment and release of technical software.
As a potential new colleague you have at least 5 years experience in the area of technical & scientific computing software & tools and programming language.
Main job requirements includes:
- Bachelor degree in software engineering;
- Experience with GUI development;
- Experience with object oriented software design;
- Experience with code management tools, in particular Git;
- Practical experience with programming languages like Fortran, Visual Basic, C++;
- Basic knowledge of TSC software and tools for process (control) engineering;
- Basic knowledge of thermodynamics and unit operations as applied in a process environment is a plus;
- Good command of the English language;
- Strong analytical, social and communication skills; to smoothly and easily handle social interactions in a multicultural environment during the execution of tasks and engagements.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, the Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact email@example.com.