At Stamicarbon, the nitrogen technology licensor of MAIRE Group, we develop, design and license state-of-the-art, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Leveraging over 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize industrial plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment supply, and full lifecycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions. From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1,000 sold licenses.
The Head of Operations Evolve leads a department organized within the Business Line Licensing and responsible for managing all Evolve (revamp) licensing projects, delivering all relevant technological and technical knowledge and resources to define, sell, and execute the projects.
Based on the strategy defined for the “Evolve” business and approved budget, the Head of Operations Evolve leads and manages the contractual obligations related to the revamping of existing plants according to the project and contractual requirements (in terms of time, budget, quality and design safety) and company procedures and policies, aligning also with sales and the other business lines to foster synergies.
Main responsibilities include:
• Managing the Operations Department, ensuring that both the project management and design engineering services are carried out according to contractual conditions;
• Contributing to the Business Line strategy, business plans, year plan and budget for the Evolve business;
• Ensure the quality of the design activities, their safety and compliance with HSE requirements and their competitiveness in the market;
• Organizing and coordinating the activities of the different competencies (i.e. Process, Mechanical, Process Control, Modelling, Software Engineering, HSE and Project Management) of the department, ensuring professional growth through the development of know-how and expertise and through the promotion of knowledge exchange between employees, departments and other Business Lines;
• Managing and developing the toolbox for Evolve projects and scouting for new technology tools supporting design activities;
• Stimulating the innovation of the Evolve product portfolio in alignment with Product Portfolio/Development managers;
• Supporting the activities related to negotiation with clients, also advising and supporting on activities related to contracts, in coordination with the relevant sales department; providing the process guarantee values and ensuring that client and contractor requirements are evaluated against financial- and safety consequences;
• Developing and maintaining appropriate interfaces with other Departments and third parties;
• Supporting innovation and developing the know-how with regard to plant operations;
• Securing qualified staff, succession planning, the professional development of staff and the identification of talent;
• Staying updated with the pertaining technical developments, innovation and know-how and ensuring the spread of knowledge within the Department;
• Dealing with customer- and project-driven deadlines;
• Balancing the resource planning for diverse needs; sales support, project support, incremental and strategic innovation;
• Building a solid give-and-take relationship with the Sales counterpart in the Business Line and with the Operations Managers in the other Stamicarbon Business Lines;
• High level of technological complexity, broad level of technology and technical fields of knowledge;
• Maintaining a high level of knowledge in a challenging labor market;
• Developing a base of seniors that maintain knowledge by coaching juniors and investing in knowledge management;
• Working in a dynamic, international environment and leading a multicultural, diverse group of employees;
• Managing change and acting as a change agent.
• Manage the budget for the Operations department and report to the Business Line Management Team;
• Organize and execute performance appraisals;
• Resource planning; recruit personnel within the approved budget.
As a potential new colleague, you have at least >10 years of relevant experience with operations in chemical plants. You will also have managerial experience leading a group of technical specialists and experience with the technical and organizational aspects of licensing.
As a Head of Operations Evolve, you need to have the following knowledge and educational level:
• An academic degree or demonstrated proficiency in a technical field;
• Knowledge of Plant Operations;
• Knowledge of the international EP(C) contractor world and contractors’ engineering processes;
• Knowledge of design safety and operating safety risks and procedures;
• Knowledge of budgeting, project management and resource management (acquired through practical experience);
• Good command of written and spoken English;
• A high level of leadership, professionalism, integrity and interpersonal skills.
As a person, you can relate to the following competencies:
• Result orientation;
• Planning and Organizing;
• Learning ability.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, the Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.