At Stamicarbon, the nitrogen technology licensor of MAIRE Group, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions.
From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
Our Business Line Evolve enables Urea producers to revamp existing plants by developing and designing reliable and profitable urea plants and offering a range of safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly revamp schemes, including proprietary equipment.
In this role, you are the key team player to apply mechanical knowledge to process design packages and other related services, design of High-Pressure equipment, guidance and control in piping MTOs, experience with rotating equipment, sales support and delivering technical support in the design and construction phase of revamping urea plants. In order to catch up with the expanding business and further strengthen the Evolve department we are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer.
Your key areas of responsibility are:
- Responsible for all mechanical engineering deliverables with respect to Process Design Packages (PDP) for revamped urea plants and/or other fertilizer plants;
- Preparation of specifications and material requisitions for the supply of proprietary equipment and HP piping systems based on customer ITB requirements and Stamicarbon’s internal standards;
- Technical evaluation and alignment of manufacturer bids for the supply of proprietary equipment;
- Preparation and participation in pre-award meetings, kick-off meetings, pre-inspection meetings and inspections for supply of proprietary equipment and HP piping;
- Preparation and participation in kick-off meetings, review meetings, (internal) design meetings and Design Hazard Studies with respect to Licensing Projects;
- Support EPC contractor and equipment manufacturer, by applying knowledge of design codes for high pressure equipment, such as ASME or AD-Merkblätter;
- Ensuring the supply of deliverables and services are in accordance with the defined scope of work and delivery schedule in the contract;
- Ensure that equipment manufacturers are delivering in accordance with the defined quality level;
- Provide technical support and advise during acquisition phase
- Provide creative solutions in mechanical and equipment design, update Mechanical Engineering Design Manuals, General Specifications and standard equipment data sheets;
- Improve existing work practices, processes, procedures and instructions.
- Support continuous improvement by evaluating realized projects and contributing to manufacturer improvement and qualification programs.
- Work on parallel different phased projects as a team member of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Planning of your own activities in consultation with customers, Sales Manager, Project Manager and team members.
As our potential next Mechanical Engineer Evolve you’ll have:
- A bachelor / Academic level in Mechanical Engineering with knowledge of equipment and applications in chemical plants;
- At least 10 years of experience in mechanical engineering projects and operational factory experience;
- Broad experience in international engineering business with core knowledge in design and manufacturing of pressure vessels and piping systems;
- Knowledge of materials (Carbon and stainless steel) and corrosion phenomena;
- Knowledge of international codes and standards
- Knowledge of mechanical calculation tools e.g. PV Elite or DIMy.
- Knowledge of related fields e.g. PFD’s, P&IDs, isometrics, software programming;
- Knowledge of mechanical drafting tools e.g. AutoCAD, Inventor, Plant3D;
- A personality that is communicative, result oriented and a Team player with a high standard for quality;
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are above market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.