At Stamicarbon, the innovation and license company of MAIRE Group, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions. From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
Operations Launch is organized within the Business Line Licensing, within the Stamicarbon Organization. The department is working in a project environment, being responsible for managing all Grass Root projects in the field of urea, green ammonia and nitric acid, while at the same time delivering all relevant technological and technical knowledge and resources to define, sell, and execute the projects.
Mechanical Engineer Launch
As a mechanical engineer you apply mechanical knowledge and deliver services during the design, construction and commissioning of new urea, green ammonia and/or nitric acid plants. You also help optimizing and/or improving the mechanical performance and reliability of existing plants.
Your key areas of responsibility are to:
• Preparation of specifications and material requisitions for the supply of proprietary equipment and piping systems based on customer ITB requirements and internal standards;
• Technical evaluation and alignment of manufacturer bids for the supply of proprietary equipment;
• Contribute to the risk assessments prior to contracting and monitoring of risks through project execution;
• Preparation and participation in pre-award meetings, kick-off meetings, pre-inspection meetings and inspections for supply of proprietary equipment;
• Preparation and participation in kick-off meetings, review meetings, (internal) design meetings and Design Hazard Studies with respect to Licensing Projects;
• Support EPC contractor and equipment manufacturer, by applying knowledge of design codes for high pressure equipment, such as ASME or AD-Merkblätter;
• Ensuring the supply of deliverables and services are in accordance with the defined scope of work and delivery schedule in the contract;
• Ensure that equipment manufacturers are delivering in accordance with the defined quality level;
• Knowledge of the inspection expertise of third party inspections;
• Provide creative solutions in mechanical and equipment design, update Mechanical Engineering Design Manuals, General Specifications and standard equipment data sheets;
• Improve existing work practices, processes, procedures and instructions.
• Support continuous improvement by evaluating realized projects and contributing to manufacturer improvement and qualification programs.
• Work on parallel different phased projects as a team member of multi-disciplinary teams.
• Planning of your own activities in consultation with customers, Sales Manager, Project Manager and team members;
• Responsible for all mechanical engineering deliverables with respect to Process Design Packages (PDP) for newly licensed urea and/or nitric acid fertilizer plants.
• You have at least 10-15 years of experience in mechanical engineering in projects and operational factory experience;
• You are a communicative, result oriented Team player with a high standard for quality;
• Broad experience in international engineering business with core knowledge in design and manufacturing of pressure vessels and piping systems;
• Higher vocational / Academic level in Mechanical Engineering with knowledge of equipment and applications in chemical plants;
• In-depth knowledge of mechanical engineering within the field of manufacturing plants related to our technologies, competitors’ processes and corresponding history;
• Knowledge of materials and corrosion phenomena;
• Knowledge of mechanical calculation tools e.g. PV Elite or DIMy;
• Knowledge of related fields e.g. PFD’s, P&IDs, isometrics, software programming;
• Knowledge of ESA/HAZOP studies; • Good command of written and spoken English.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are above market standards. Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.