At Stamicarbon, the innovation and license company of MAIRE Group, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia, ammonium nitrate and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions.
From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
Operations Launch/Evolve is organized within the Business Line Licensing, within the Stamicarbon Organization. The department is working in a project environment being responsible for managing all Launch/Evolve projects, while at the same time delivering all relevant technological and technical knowledge and resources to define, sell, and execute the projects. In order to catch up with the expanding business and further strengthen the department we are recruiting for a:
Process Control Engineer
In this role you are the key team player to prepare process design packages and requisitions for our instrument equipment supply and deliver support during the design, construction and commissioning of process control related items for existing urea plants. Besides the engineering activities you will be also involved in the development of new technologies, which might be new process concepts up till the setup of new measuring technologies.
Your key areas of responsibility are to:
• Responsible for all process control engineering deliverables with respect to Process Design Packages (PDP) for newly licensed and existing urea, syngas and/or nitric acid fertilizer plants;
• Provide process control and instrumentation support and input during the project and specifically during the P&ID design;
• Ensuring the supply of deliverables and services are in accordance with the defined scope of work and delivery schedule in the contract in close cooperation with the Sales Department;
• Provide conceptual solutions in process control and equipment design;
• Preparation of specifications and material requisitions for the supply of proprietary process control equipment;
• Formulate and carry out improvements or innovations on process control;
• Technical evaluation and alignment of manufacturer bids for the supply of proprietary process control equipment in close cooperation with the Procurement Department;
• Preparation and participation in pre-award meetings, kick-off meetings, pre-inspection meetings and inspections for supply of proprietary process control equipment;
• Preparation and participation in kick-off meetings, review meetings, (internal) design meetings and Design Hazard Studies with respect to Licensing Projects;
• Support EPC contractor and equipment manufacturers by applying knowledge of design codes for proprietary equipment;
• Ensure that equipment manufacturers are delivering in accordance with the defined quality level;
• Knowledge of the inspection expertise of third party inspections;
• Improve existing work practices, processes, procedures and instructions;
• Work on parallel different phased projects as a team member of multi-disciplinary teams;
• Planning of your own activities in consultation with customers, Sales Manager, Project Manager and team members.
Main job requirements include:
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in Process Control or chemical Engineering with demonstrable affinity or process control and instrumentation;
• Personal preference for conceptual engineering;
• Comfortable in reading and understanding P&ID’s;
• Creative and pragmatic problem solver/solution provider;
• Systematic and planned working aligned with the project team and the project schedule;
• Process affinity is a must;
• 5-10 years of relevant operational (petro)chemical experience for designing process control packages;
• Knowledge of process control, Distributed Control System and safety systems;
• Knowledge and ability of interpreting specifications; General design codes and Stamicarbon - and client standards;
• Knowledge of instrumentation (what is available in the market and how it can be used in Stamicarbon fields);
• Proven experience of successfully executing complete projects from start to finish;
• Experience in implementation/checking installed and to be replaced instrumentation equipment;
• Operational experience in replacement of instrumentation and getting the instrumentation operational (commissioning/startup);
• Able to work collaboratively and effectively within a (multi-disciplinary) team;
• Transparent communication. Able to demonstrate strong communication skills within a customer facing environment (internal and external);
• Knowledge of ESA/HAZOP, RCA studies combined with knowledge of the IEC-61511 (SIL) method and ATEX.
As our potential new colleague you have experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects. You recognize yourself in the following characteristics: accurate, pragmatic and flexible, able to work with deadlines with strong focus on results, service and team spirit. You are fluent in English both spoken and written and enjoy frequent travelling abroad.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are above market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. For further information about this position, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.