At Stamicarbon, the innovation and license company of Maire Tecnimont Group, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions. From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
The Strategic R&D department is part of the MTIC group within the Stamicarbon organization, the Licensing and IP center for the Maire Tecnimont Group. This department is working in a project environment being responsible for the coordination and execution of strategic innovation projects. In order to catch up with the expanding business and to further strengthen Stamicarbon’s strategic R&D department we are recruiting for a:
(Sr.) R&D Engineer Power-to-Fertilizers
In this role you secure the technological lead of Stamicarbon in the market by continuously innovating existing and developing new technologies for the sustainable production of nitrogen based fertilizers, based on market needs.
Your key areas of responsibility are to:
• Support, co-develop and maintain the Stamicarbon strategic R&D program;
• Propose new strategic R&D projects, with a focus on power-to-fertilizer production technologies;
• Coordinate and execute strategic R&D projects, using Project Management and 6-Sigma tools;
• Develop know-how of and create IP for new and sustainable power-to-fertilizer production technologies for nitrogen based fertilizers;
• Test and develop new and sustainable production technologies for nitrogen based fertilizers;
• Initiate, develop and execute technology development programs with external partners;
• Cooperate with internal, like the Stamicarbon business lines, as well as external partners, such as research institutes, vendors and customers;
• Set up and coordinate laboratory test programs for developing new production technologies;
• Scale-up the laboratory test results to pilot plant scale
• Set up of pilot plant programs and coordinate pilot plant test campaigns;
• Scale-up the pilot plant test results to industrial scale applications;
• Support the Stamicarbon business lines with the transfer of a successfully developed technology into running business.
You combine at least a Master Degree level in an Engineering Discipline (preferably Chemical Engineering) with at least 5 years of work experience with the development and design of electrochemical and/or plasma based production processes, working as an R&D Engineer or Process Engineer in a technical environment in industry or university. You have a professional understanding of process technologies – in particular of electrochemical and/or plasma based processes - and you have experience with performing technical-economical evaluations and a general knowledge about safety analysis and HAZOP studies. Good conceptual process engineering skills are a must to design or adapt laboratory set-ups or pilot plants for their test purposes and for translating newly developed technologies to full scale production.
As a potential new colleague you have the personality to think in solutions instead of thinking in problems and the ability to coordinate and manage projects in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team setting. You are goal oriented, analytical, accurate and flexible. You show a true team spirit, can connect easily with colleagues and customers and you are driven to share your knowledge, to coach and support people. Therefore, good communication skills and an excellent command of English (verbally as well as written) are necessary for the success of this position. You enjoy frequent travelling abroad.
The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment. There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon's Head office and the Strategic R&D department are located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands. Please only apply via our website. For further information about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.