At Stamicarbon, the nitrogen technology licensor of MAIRE Group, we develop, design and license futureproof, innovative fertilizer plant technologies, with urea, green ammonia and nitric acid being our core businesses. Using more than 75 years of knowledge and experience, we offer our customers customized solutions and services to maintain, improve and optimize plants, such as process engineering, proprietary equipment, and full life cycle plant support. We take pride in being innovative and developing reliable, safe and sustainable fertilizer solutions.
From our headquarters in Sittard in the south of the Netherlands, we serve several hundred customers in more than 80 countries, with a proven track record of more than 1.000 sold licenses.
Our Procurement Department is aimed at enhancing the quality of the Stamicarbon business through innovative growth of the portfolio, building upon our leading position in providing high quality products and services, and continued implementation of operational excellence.
In order to catch up with the expanding business and further strengthen the Department we are recruiting for a:
Supplier Quality Engineer
The Procurement Department of Stamicarbon is pursuing strategic objectives of coordinating Stamicarbon’s supply chain at 360 degrees. For this reason, it has been decided to establish the function of the Supplier Quality Engineer, whose main task is to make sure that Stamicarbon’s suppliers base is kept of an adequate quality to meet and exceed Stamicarbon’s high standards.
In specific, as a Supplier Quality Engineer you cooperate with buyers to monitor and improve suppliers performance.
Furthermore, your key areas of responsibility are:
- Propose in alignment with buyers and/or other internal stakeholders the qualification of new suppliers;
- Prepare a project charter for every new qualification activity, in order to capture the business need, the proposed solution (subject of qualification), the planning of milestones to be achieved, the risks and the involved resources and costs; request an approval from the internal delegated body (Urea Business Meeting) and receive a dedicated budget;
- “Project manage” the qualification (technical assessment, financial assessment, compliance with Stamicarbon’s business needs, quality and HSE audit) of new suppliers as sanctioned by Stamicarbon’s management;
- Manage qualification related internal costs in terms of manhours, travel and 3rd party services in accordance with the qualification project charter and available budget;
- Maintain an updated supplier digital database, making sure that the qualifications are adequately managed; renew them prior to their expiry;
- Execute performance evaluations and quality control audits to ensure vendors and their suppliers remain in compliance with company and group’s manufacturing and production standards, track the results in the systems in order to share it at group’s level;
- Propose deletion from the suppliers list in case of non-performance, in alignment with buyers and relevant product manager;
- Work with inspectors to monitor NCRs (Non-Conformity Reports) and follow up with suppliers to create a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) report;
- Following the RCA report, implement Corrective Actions & Preventive Actions (CAPA);
- Assist with new products co-development by working with suppliers to ensure that key milestones are achieved;
- Review and ensure that all requirements are / have been cascaded into the supplier's sub-contractors and visit such suppliers to validate.
You combine a Master’s Degree (preferably Mechanical or Industrial Engineering) with extensive years as Quality engineer, Quality Manager, or supplier development engineer, or a ISO 9001 Lead Auditor. Experience in WPSs (Welding Procedure specification), WPQRs (Welding Procedure Qualification Record) and Pre-production welding tests is a plus.
You have knowledge of manufacturing process and production equipment and the ability to read engineering drawings and interpret appropriate specifications.
Ideally you have knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, DFMEA, PFEMA, PPAP, etc.
You are fluent in English both spoken and written.
Stamicarbon offers a rewarding and challenging job with opportunities for personal input. The organization is 100% internationally focused, has the ambition to expand and offers individual possibilities to learn and develop in a true business environment.
There is an open and very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of room for discussion with highly committed fellow professionals and a good sense of humor. Terms and conditions of employment as well as fringe benefits are up to market standards.
Stamicarbon’s Head office is located in Sittard, Limburg, The Netherlands.
For further information about this position please contact us via email@example.com