Safurex® is a high-performance duplex steel developed by our partner Sandvik Materials Technology. This is now our standard material for urea production and has effectively replaced X2CrNiMoN 25 22 2.
Safurex® eliminates all known active forms of corrosion that occur in the urea plant, thanks to its superior mechanical properties and improved processing (like welding). The result is that for high-pressure applications it outperforms alternative and expensive metals like titanium and zirconium. Most importantly, Safurex® lasts longer…
SAFUREX® offers numerous significant benefits. What's more, Safurex® offers you a nearly maintenance-free urea plant with a significant longer life time than any other commercially available urea process.
- lower emissions;
- lower corrosion rates, leading to longer equipment lifetimes;
- no risk for active corrosion;
- no risk for:
- condensation corrosion
- crevice corrosion
- stress corrosion cracking.
- better resistant against erosion-corrosion;
- longer running intervals between turnarounds (read resulting in extra production capacity);
- better mechanical properties, allowing for smaller tube and piping wall thicknesses;
- less equipment and piping weight, leading to less investment costs;
- improved fatigue properties;
- improved weld ability;
- higher stripping capacity due to increasing the inside tube diameter.